Friday, December 14, 2007

Majora Carter - Green is the New Black

In an emotionally charged talk, Majora Carter explains her fight for environmental justice in the South Bronx. This MacArthur-winning activist shows how minority neighborhoods have suffered most from flawed urban policy, and energetically shares her grassroots efforts to "green the ghetto." Her talk from the heart drew a spontaneous standing ovation at TED, and has proved equally moving online. As blogger Mike Maupuia records: "So I'm sitting at my desk at work, earplugs inserted, and tears running down my face. I'm watching this video of Majora Carter's presentation at TED, and thinking ... I love this woman! But don't listen to me ... go listen to her!"

1 comment:

Free Iran said...

This is very inspiring Dave Brave. Thanks for posting it. It just goes to show how much polution and environmental damage costs in terms of human quality of life.